Description • Building logical clusters deployed in the POP • Basic configuration of network equipment • Coordinate and manage rack/stack/cabling vendor for installation and cabling work based on port-maps • Providing onsite support during circuit provisioning and troubleshooting on routers, switches and DWDM equipment • Provide onsite support for hardware replacement through the RMA process, and manage the return of replacement hardware, including updating asset database, and ticketing systems • Able to work independently in POP locations in Tokyo and Chiba locations • Able to drive to remote locations to carry out basic hardware install, circuit patching and troubleshooting • Managing logistics vendor to coordinate delivery into POP sites • Ensure documentation in FB systems are up-to-date • Possess good verbal and written skills with English and Japanese • Possess driving license
Generic Job Description:
• Maintain the highest quality standards in all assigned data center locations and remote points of presence (POP).
• Perform physical installation, repair, maintenance, and testing activities as directed with meticulous attention to driving and maintaining the highest quality standards in the telecommunications industry.
• Perform card adds or replacements, software upgrades, and associated testing.
• Provide site survey support for OSP and ISP projects, as well as large space & power and/or equipment deployments.
• Perform site audits and reconcile data discrepancies in coordination with Network Surveillance and other groups as necessary.
• Recommend improvements to processes that may impact the quality of our network assets or improve overall efficiencies for any related process or system.
• Manage local construction vendors working on behalf of the company to ensure compliance with installation, repair, maintenance MOPs and standards, as well as quality and cleanliness. • Meet/coordinate with Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) and other technicians to facilitate timely installation, repair, and maintenance activities as necessary. • Perform site surveys in support of network builds, augments, or decommissions. • Assist in coordinating site access, equipment staging, and other asks to